Introduction & Definitions
Effective from 21st May 2018.
We have various policies, terms, conditions, rights and processes which govern and support Your interactions with Us, and this page summarises them. We may make changes to these Policies from time to time, and these will be effective from the date shown at the top of this section.
On this website, and on any communications, the term 'you' or 'You' refers to any individual who is doing any of:
- Looking at the Jenney Wren website;
- Communicating with anyone representing Jenney Wren;
- Making a purchase from Jenney Wren.
Terms & Conditions
- Our contract with you is formed when you place an order on our website which is your offer to purchase an item (subsequently referred to as “goods”), and when we confirm by to you by email that your goods have been despatched.
- We need to process successfully payment from you for the goods before we will despatch your goods.
- The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our website but may be subject to change without notification.
- If you live outside UK mainland then you may be required to pay extra for delivery and it might not be possible for us to deliver to some areas. We will contact you to advise you of any additional charges, and seek your confirmation, before we send your goods.
- You may cancel your order at any time up to the end of the fourteenth day from the date you receive the ordered goods, by notifying us in writing (which can include email). You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your order nor will you have to pay any penalty.
- We cannot issue refunds for custom orders for goods which are made specifically for you at your instruction (e.g. specifically monogrammed bags, special sizes etc.), unless there is a genuine fault.
- You must pay the cost of returning goods.
- When we receive returned goods we credit you via the same payment mechanism that you used to pay us. We will do this within 30 days of your order provided that the goods are received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you.
- If we receive goods returned from you that are damaged, worn or otherwise unreasonably treated, we have a right to make a deduction for that loss of value.
- Under certain circumstances we reserve the right to cancel your order: we may do this if we have insufficient stock, if we do not deliver to your area, or, if there was a typographical error in any aspect of price or description. We will notify you in writing and will credit any sum taken from you via the same payment mechanism that you used to pay us.
- We will deliver goods to you to the address given at the time of order. We aim to deliver within seven working days of your order, except with custom orders where we will agree with you an estimated delivery time.
- We will only deliver to areas that operate secure and trackable postal or other delivery systems. The decision to deliver to any location or area is at our sole discretion.
- Title for the goods passes to you when we receive payment for the goods.
- You are the owner of the goods once they have been securely delivered and signed for.
- If you receive goods that are damaged or not what you ordered in quantity or description, you must notify us in writing within seven working days of receipt. We will then either replace, repair or refund at your option, and in as timely manner as reasonable depending upon your chosen option.
- Except where otherwise specified by Law, we will be liable for no consequential loss, damage or other costs, either personally or professionally-incurred, and we have no liability to make any payment to you in excess of that which you have paid us for the goods.
- You are liable for any customs duty, fees or levies, and any import or other permits required for you to take delivery of the goods.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any item you buy from us is legally allowed to be imported and/or used in your area, and is compliant with any regulation or statutory requirement. We will always describe the goods and their value as per the purchase value and description on our website.
- We have no liability in respect of any subsequent import or export that you may make of the goods that you purchase from us.
- We have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods, damage or defect in those goods, that is caused by an event outside of our reasonable control, which might include but shall not be limited to, system or network failure, industrial action, environmental damage or event or other unforeseeable activity.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit our liability to you under any statutory rights or Law.
- Any error, omission or unenforceability in any clause in these terms and conditions does not affect any other part of them.
- The contract between us and you shall be governed by English Law
- In the event of a dispute between you and us, you have a right to seek dispute resolution under Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Regulation (EU) No 524/2013, and you can access the ODR process here: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm
A cookie is a small file that is left on your computer and this contains information that only your actions can have created – such as which products you have viewed, what you have put in your shopping basket.
By navigating around our website, we assume that you are happy with us using cookies to help us improve and/or manage your experience.
Cookies do not draw any information from your computer about you – they are created only your browser and by your actions, and they never store payment information.
There are various types of cookies: we use ones which are categorised as ‘strictly necessary’ to hold shopping basket items for example, we use some categorised as ‘performance cookies’ which help us and our website providers optimise the technical performance of the site.
We don’t use ‘targeting cookies’ – these are designed for websites that want to provide you with relevant advertising. We don’t have adverts so don’t need these.
If you want to find out more, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Please recognise that if you set your browser to reject cookies then you may not be able to complete transactions effectively.
Personal Data is defined as any information relating to You which serves to identify personal details, which may include (but is not limited to) your name, address and contact details, and payment information required to process payment.
In general, it is likely that You will be the source of Personal Data. We may use that Personal Data in order to either communicate with You, or to fulfil an order that You have placed with Us (which is often termed 'processing').
Jenney Wren implements all reasonable safeguards to ensure that Your Personal Data is held and processed safely and securely, and this will normally be held within secure digital systems. Jenney Wren does not hold permanent paper records, unless required by Law.You have a right to:
Request copies of Your Personal Data;
Request that Your Personal Data is deleted;
Request that errors are corrected;
Object to the processing or use of Personal Data;
Be notified if any breach of Your Personal Data has occurred.
Requests and/or notifications should be made to, or made by, the email below, which represents the Data Controller for Jenney Wren, and will comply in a timely manner.
Your Personal Data:
Will not be shared with third parties for any purpose of direct marketing;
Will only be shared with individuals who are either entitled to such Personal Data within Jenney Wren or where required by Law.
If You receive an unwanted communication that suggests that a breach may have occurred, You must notify the Data Controller, contactable on the email address below.We will assume that if you provide us with your Personal Data through ordering or communicating with us that we may contact you in relation to our products in the future. If you wish to opt out of this, please inform us at any time.
We use a third party (UK2.net) to provide our website, email and e-commerce services. Their GDPR compliance policies can be found here https://www.uk2.net/terms-and-conditions/gdpr-policy/
We use a third party (Stripe) to process credit card transactions. Their GDPR compliance policies can be found here https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
Jenney Wren reserves automatic Copyright and Design right protection for writing, works, content, marks and design ("IP"). If you attempt to copy, steal, counterfeit, infringe, pass-off, or otherwise unlawfully use any IP of Jenney Wren, you are committing a criminal offence.Jenney Wren with the wren logo is a registered trademark in the UK of Jenney Wren, UK00003313117.
You may contact Us through the email address provided on every page of Our website, or at:
Jenney Wren, 133 Three Bridges Road, RH10 1JT, United Kingdom.